Saturday, December 18, 2010

Try or Do Not Try. There is No Bucket List: Part Two.

What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it?






Like I said in Part One, I am always creating lists in my head of new things I would like to try. Here's what this list might look like:

  • Learn to speak Spanish fluently
  • That Jamaican restaurant down the street
  • An art class
  • A writing class
  • Performing duets with Paul
  • Show a piece of artwork at a gallery
  • Make a new friend
  • Publish something that I wrote in a magazine or newspaper
  • Getting a tattoo
  • Standing up for myself
  • Traveling to a new city
  • Getting out more











  • Creating a blog that has a purpose and reaches more people
There are usually a lot of items on the list. I WILL actually accomplish many of them. I will make steps toward others. I will NOT just sit around and that about what might happen IF I were to try new things. That's boring and unfruitful. It's time to get something done!


2 comments:

  1. your blog made a purpose in my day :) i love your new view on bucket lists. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed both Parts 1 and 2 of this post! Wonderful stuff and I especially appreciate your showing me the way, as Day 18 was - until now - the first Reverb10 prompt that really didn't inspire me. After reading your posts I am going to give it another try. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete