Friday, December 17, 2010

Dec. 16 posed a challenge

How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?





Remember when I wrote that love letter to the internet the other day? I have to say that this is the first "friend" that comes to mind when I think about my perspective changing.

But I don't think that really counts. I'm just stumped by this prompt because I can't name any specific person who changed my perspective this year, either suddenly or gradually. I'm sure it happened but I can't currently tell you how or when (even though I've been thinking about this prompt since 10pm on the 15th when I received it!).

Does that mean I wasn't listening, paying attention, or learning? Does this mean I don't have any friends? Or maybe my perspective stayed the same? Is that such a bad thing? Maybe my perspective was just so awesome that it didn't NEED to change.*

What IS my perspective?

Well, at the very least, this prompt has me thinking and paying more attention. Who will change my perspective in the upcoming year?

Will it be you?**


*I highly doubt this.
**Yes, that is a challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I'm not taking you up on that challenge! When you're active and happy pursuing the life you want (as a number of your posts show) then you're less inclined to have a noticeable "change in perspective". Although, from your 'letter to the internet' it does sound like your perspective changed about people not in front of you, which is a good thing in my mind.

    ReplyDelete