Thursday, December 23, 2010

Positively kicking myself into 2011.

Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?)



It seems strange that a prompt would focus on 5 years ahead and ten years back when this project is supposed to be about 2010-2011. So I think I'll focus on writing to myself who will exist in this upcoming year. First, though, I do have something to say to my 14 (almost 15) year old self:

SPEAK. UP.
 The ideas and feelings that you have right now are going to nearly kill you in ten years because you've hidden them so deep inside of yourself instead of giving them the voice they need. Stop being so damn afraid and SPEAK!

Whew. Now that I got that out of the way, I'd like to give a motivational speech to the person who is coming after me in 2011:

The world is yours! Take it! You have what you need. Utilize your talents. You know from experience that when you express yourself, as terrifying as that may be, the results are incredible and rewarding. Stop living in fear, stop being a slave to others' expectations [most of which you've only imagined]. It's time to create your legacy. Get going!



No comments:

Post a Comment