Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spiral

#18/30


I am connected to you by six degrees-
Or maybe less. I live in the bedroom where
You lost your virginity to the girl who lived
Next door for decades before she moved east
To go to the college where my cousin was
Accused of sexual harassment by the foreign
Exchange student who moved on to engineer
The parts of the plane that flew a genius to NASA
To create the shuttle that flew among the stars
That we are all made of.  Star dust takes decades to
Return to the earth above the airport where my
Cousin returned with his adopted child who grew up
In the south and broke the mold by becoming
An activist and introducing me to you when you
Needed a place to recover and now you live in this
Bedroom with me.  We are naïve to our roles in creating-
These connections are who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment