Saturday, April 27, 2013

Light


Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.-George Eastman 
#27

George Eastman picked a strange place to embrace light.
Covered in clouds two thirds of the year, Rochester
Provides very little sun. I sought desperately for light.
I worshiped it for every second of those scattered 165 days
That it chose to emerge over the city. I tried to know the light.
I brought it flowers, paid for its dinner, begged it
To answer my questions. I wilted for lack of light.

George Eastman would have been more successful in the desert,
Where it’s sunny for most of the year. I followed the light.
I learned about its ancestors and met its mother.
We shared meals with the whole community. I swallowed the light.
I grew into a panoramic photograph, worthy of being framed.
My hometown is jealous. I know the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment