Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tucson: A Love Affair

I love the city of Tucson. Sometimes it seems that every day that I'm here brings something new to love. This weekend Paul and I explored some more awesome aspects of Tucson:

The Tucson Botanical Gardens. I am amazed by how much can acutally grow in the desert!



CACTI! I think cacti are so interesting. There are so many different types and most of them have beautiful flowers in the spring and summer.


Historical sites. There are many here with interesting stories. Yesterday we found two more!

El Tiradito Wishing Shrine

And a park that used to have a well and public baths.


Murals


Authentic Mexican food!



And the bright colors painted on many of the buildings in an effort to combat the brownness of the desert.



Tucson has a rich culture and an interesting history. Plus, it's surrounded by some incredible mountains and has over 300 days of SUN a year. I love this place and I can't wait to do some more exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment