Monday, January 31, 2011

I've been hard at work...

...on learning to love myself!
First I made a list of things that I like about myself:



 Today I found this quotation here and have been meditating on it all day:




I also wrote the following paragraph in response to the question, "How are you making a difference?"

At first glance it may look like I’m working hard to make a difference: volunteering at an animal shelter, tutoring illiterate adults, working with “at-risk” youth. The truth is, however, I am not making as much of a difference as I could be because I’m holding a lot of myself back. Marianna Williams said, “As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” I realized recently that I am being held captive by my fears and this is causing a lot of pain for me and anyone who interacts with me. Therefore I believe that the real way that I am making a difference is by investing in myself, learning to love myself, and overcoming my fears. I want to make a huge difference in the world with my life, but I can only do that by first taking care of myself.

And finally,  another one of my favorite blogs is writing on the theme of self-love this month. Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment