Monday, February 14, 2011

Why I'm Awesome

Happy Valentine's Day!

I mean this especially for those of you who dislike Valentine's Day because it's "commercialized" and "only for couples". While it may seem like store shelves are currently crammed with products designed to make a single person feel alone on this sappy holiday, I invite you to take a second look. Do you see hearts, flowers, candy, and a repetition of the word "love"? Then you're in luck, because these things are not exclusively for those who label themselves as "taken". Love is universal; it is not limited to couples. Neither is Valentine's Day.

You don't have to wait around for someone else to shower you with affection and gifts!

Take some time today to honor yourself! Buy yourself some flowers and tell yourself why you love yourself. Get dressed up and take yourself out. Take advantage of this month's focus on love to make yourself feel good!

I'd like to set an example by describing what I love about myself. Let me begin with a visual aid:


I received this card from my mom in the mail for my birthday this week. The inside says, "You make normal people look so boring!"

I sincerely take that as a compliment! I take pride in the face that I am unique and a little strange. Without me, the world would be a much more boring place. I work hard to honor that part of myself everyday, but today especially. I hope you can do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment