Monday, February 1, 2010

Valentine's Day

Another strange fact about me: I like Valentine's Day more than Christmas.

I like it because I like to celebrate love. It's never solely about romance for me; I also use the time to show love to friendds and family.

This year I'm also going to focus on loving myself and I'm encouraging others to do the same. I'm learning to take better care of myself, to appreciate myself, and most importantly, to accept myself. I think a healthy self love is a vital foundation for overall well being.

One of my favorite bloggers wrote something similar today, called The Playgirl's Guide to Radical Self Love. I found it to be pretty inspiring and I'm looking forward to reading more!

I'm hoping to focus more on this topic throughout this month, but I'm not making any promises. I've learned recently that, over the course of my life I developed a bad habit that was one of many things that contributed to a strong self hatred. I'm somewhat of a perectionist, and I have lofty goals and high expectations for myself. When I consistantly fell short of my near impossible expectations I would feel guilty and worthless. Now I'm learning to set more realistic goals and to be proud of myself for what I DO accomplish, even if it's not exactly what I wanted.

Therefore, I'm not going to say that I WILL write regularly about self-love. I can say that it would be nice to expand on this topic but I am also going to recognize that this is a busy month and I will probably not get to write as much as I want.

I'd also love to hear your feedback!

1 comment:

  1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete